Thursday, June 29, 2006

God still speaks prophetically through His servants

Its 4:51 am. I just went to Duff's huge house to drop off his Toyota Land Cruiser and pick up my Ford Ranger to drive it back to my tiny apartment. On the way I start thinking. I hate driving this crappy truck and I start getting down on myself about some other stuff. It wasnt a good trip home. When I get home, I get an email from Brian. I can see the first few words while it is still unopened in my inbox because of how GMAIL is set up. The words I see are Dude, there were some NLers talking about you and... I think to myself, "Great! What did I do wrong now?" I opened the email to find the following message.

Dude, there were some NLers talking about you and the direction of the youth Weds night. They all had awesome things to say about you and where you're taking the teens.

It's coming bro. I think you're doing some great stuff. We all knew you were capable. Just keep it up and God's gonna honor your willingness to serve. Love ya bro.

I sent him back an email with a gladness in my heart that God still speaks prophetically through His servants. Those were the EXACT words I needed in that situation.

So, now...may God speak through you and may you, when He is speaking through you, be an open pipeline to those who need to hear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember, We don't live to work, we work so that we can live.

It's not about what we have in life, but what we'll have in the after-life.

Garrett said...

Hmmm...I have to chew on that for a while. I TOTALLY agree with the second statement, but have a little more difficulty getting through the first one. I say that we live to glorify God. Part of my mission to glorify God is the youth ministry (work) I am involved in. It certainly isnt something I do from 9 to 5 and then forget about until the next day (just doint it for a paycheck / to live). Now, my work at Classic Joe's is just that. I work there for a paycheck and thats primarily it. Of course I am there to witness to the unbelievers there and to encourage the struggling believers, but my main reason for being there is the pay. I work there to live. I certainly dont live to work there. On the other hand though, I feel like I live to do the youth ministry I am involved in because that is one of the primary places I glorify God with my time, talents, and treasure. Sounds like a Starbucks is in order for us man! Thanks for the comment!