Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Break is almost over and I'm getting ready to go back to school tomorrow. I have a book reviews due on three books, a test on another book and an essay midterm due this week. Needless to say I should have been working on these things last week, but here I am. The Tulsa International Soul Winning Workshop was great. Hopefully I will have a chance to sit down and write out what it meant to me. I did pick up some great books while I was out there.

First and Second Chronicles from the Thru the Bible Commentary Series by J Vernon McGee

A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian Mclaren

How to Read the Bible Book by Book by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart

What to Wear to the War by Warren Wiersbe

On Saturday, my Dad and I went to one of my favorite restaurants in Tulsa, Kilkenny’s. After parking the car, we were walking to the restaurant and passed this “New Age” store, Peace of Mind Bookstore. They had some books for sale outside and I picked up these titles…

Saint-Watching by Phyllis McGinley

The Lord’s Horesman (John Wesley the Man) by Umphrey Lee

A Handbook of Contemporary Theology by Bernard Ramm

The Waiting Father (Sermons on the Parables of Jesus) by Helmut Thielicke

I am most proud of the last book! I got all four of those books for about ten dollars and I got the first four books for about 20 dollars. All in all I think it was near a “Viking style pillage”.

No comments: