Thursday, November 30, 2006

Jesus Evangelism Question #1

The professor of evangelism at Beeson Divinity School says that Jesus' earthly ministry was characterized by three actions. (I first wrote this post saying that the ministry was characterized by three things, but that is not specific enough. These are actions, not attitudes. Some example answers would include "walking on water" and "turning water to wine". Obviously those arent the answers because we only have it recorded that he did those things once each.) What do you say those three things are?

4 comments:

Garrett said...

Well...its the first time I sent out an email to advertise my blog posting and so far I have everyone mixed up. Several people replied, but no one actually "commented" on this post. Maybe a few will roll in today.

Dave Wood's answere is "love, prayer, and declaring truth".

That answer led me to changing the question slightly to say "three actions" rather than "three things" which could leave it up to actions or attitudes.

Danny said...

Glorifying the Father

Delcaring heaven's truth

Seeking the lost

Serving the poor and needy

Yea, I know I cheated. Just put the last two together. :)

Anonymous said...

1) united God and man together again
2) brought truth for ALL to hear and one day accept
3) embodied life, truth, light, goodness, and so much more and set an example for His followers to one day live out with HIM inside of them.


im not so good at these things haha but that is who christ is to me. i dont know hoe i can put it in 3 things because he is that and so so much more.

allencoker said...

I hate having to boil it down to three, but I'd definitely say,

1. miracles - signs and wonders
2. preaching/teaching

then (I may be way out there on this one), but...

3. Retreat - get away to be with the Father, disciples, alone, etc.